Friday, April 5, 2013

Five Minute Friday "After"

Lisa Jo Baker offers a challenge each Friday. Take 5 minutes and just write whatever the prompt for the week inspires you to write. It was actually another's post that convinced me to do this for the first time today.
Here is my After.

After

I live in the after. The after of finding that I am not alone. The after of learning that when everything changes, one thing stays the same. The after of no longer believing in coinicidence. I live in the after of accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior.

There are so many afters in life here in creation. After we meet the Creator, though, the afters of life become more enjoyable or more bearable.

The after of ceremony when you are now husband and wife. The after of birth, when you hold that soft little one in your arms. The after of watching those first steps, a first kiss, the after of the moment where your heart soars. The after of the astounding blessings of God.

Some afters aren't always bearable in the moment. There are afters that you beg for safety, a plucking out, a desperate wish to not experience. The after of the last breath of one you love. The after of the diagnosis you didn't want to hear. The after of the broken heart where the pieces are still falling.

God can calm the storm. He can flatten the waves. He can toss the mountain aside.

He can also provide one more heartbeat. He can give one more breath. He can push one more step.
Oh! To experience the afters with the knowledge that He is with you, that He hasn't left you. "The peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philipians 4:7

One day my after will have me at His feet. Only then will I understand the whys of them all.

And then I will know why I ought to praise Him no matter what may come or what has passed.
 

3 comments:

  1. I am next to yo, Kelly. It is quite a God-incident that we are thinking a bit alike, or more alike.

    My after is after JESUS came into my life.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your 5 minute as well. We even quote the same verse! Blessings to you too, sister.

      Delete
  2. I am so reassured by the peace that He gives in our afters. Good and bad, He always walks with us.

    http://infamousmorris.weebly.com/1/post/2013/04/five-minute-friday-after-attempted-kidnapping.html

    ReplyDelete