Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fairness? Not Really.

I am seething.  I just got an email encouraging me to call my representative.  It wanted me to ask them to end the Bush tax cuts.  WHY?  My husband works THREE jobs.  He is a full time teacher with one night school, and part time (with full time hours) at a university, and we own a business that he opened while in college.  Exactly how much of that money belongs to someone else?  In my opinion, God gets 10%, the rest belongs to the person who earned it.  History has proven time and time again that lower tax rates equal higher tax revenue, higher employment, and greater wealth creation.

The president himself admitted as much.  George Stephanopoulos asked why he wouldn't support the Bush tax cuts since lower rates equaled higher revenues.  President Obama said it wasn't about revenue, it was about fairness.  What in the world is fair about someone working hard and not keeping his money?  What is fair about some lay about getting a check when he has done nothing to deserve it?  If he wants to give some one's money away, perhaps he should reach into his own wallet first.

Do you know why my husband became a proponent of homeschooling in the first place?  When our oldest went to pre-k he saw that he would NEVER get to see his kids.  He was asleep when it was time to go to school.  He was at work when it was after school.  Weekends were spent at the store.  He saw our son when he picked him up from school to drive him to me on his way to work.  15 minutes a day during the week.  Homeschool is the only way they know him as something other than a picture.

Now tell me that he should have to give away his money to someone else because of "fairness".

No comments:

Post a Comment