Thursday, October 21, 2010

Slime and Potty

We had another adventure in homeschooling today.  I finally managed to get glue.  All I had was stick or blue and the experiment called for clear or white.  I'm not a big fan of liquid glue with 5 kids, one under 2 years.  I happen to like my floors. :)  Anyway, we made a non-Newtonian fluid with glue, borax, and water.  The cool thing was breaking open highlighters to get the color out.  We added it to the water.  It makes the goop glow under a black light.  I didn't think ahead and got blue, yellow and green all over my hands.  A homeschool mom manicure.
I am so glad that we have a local nonprofit that recycles art supplies.  That's where I got the glue when I dropped off a donation.  The place provides donated items for teachers (and parents) for student projects.  Really awesome if you need enough plastic bottles to make bird feeders for a class of 30 kids.  I definitely will think of it first for stuff we need and for stuff that I'd hate to throw away because it still seems useful.

Well that was the fun adventure.  The youngest has decided to travel on the road of potty training.  Gorgeous announced her intentions by handing me her diaper and running in the direction of the bathroom.  That started off my Tuesday.  She had not been willing to sit on the potty.  I thought she was going to wait a while.  I guess a woman has the right to change her mind.  Four times that day she gave me her diaper.  Once I couldn't get her in anything except a pull-up.  I don't mind.  I actually think it's great.  I did look with sadness on the 3 sleeves of diapers I just purchased and pulled out of the super-mega box of ultra absorbent.  Now my shopping list includes pull-ups.  She's not quite sure enough of the potty for me to go to princess undies.  Made that mistake with another child.  Oh boy the mess.  :)  Potty training is definitely needing some work.  Gorgeous had an accident in the tub with her sister.  Princess began to yell for me.  Life as a mom includes lots of clorox. lol

This post is kinda...ugh.  I'll try harder to make my posts a bit less ... and more !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment